12/12/2014 7:53 AM – Update:
Local road plowing in Toronto & East York was completed at 5:30am this morning.
For the snow event of Dec 10/11, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of Dec 11 at 11am.
Note: These plans are subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount of precipitation.
Forecast: Snow continuing this morning before becoming lighter this afternoon. Total accumulations up to 15cm. Bulk of the snow will be over by this evening with an additional 2cm possible before ending overnight.
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for 15 – 20cm of snow for the Toronto area.
The snow is moving from east to west.
– Operations began at approx 1am.
– Two rounds of salt have been applied to expressways, arterials & collectors.
– Local salting is ongoing and will continue throughout the day
– Plowing operations on expressways. arterials, & collectors began between 4am – 6am and will continue through the day. Plows are currently on their second round. Driveway windrows, where the service is provided, are also being cleared.
– Plowing operations and driveway windrow clearing, where provided, on local roads have commenced in the east end and will activate in other districts this afternoon
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Manual clearing of steps & priority locations began at 7am in all districts
– Mechanical sidewalk clearing has commenced in the east and will activate in the other districts this afternoon. Completion for all districts will be early Friday am.
– Mechanical bus stop clearing has commenced in the east and will activate in the other districts this afternoon. Completion for all districts will be on Saturday.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps