For the snow event of Dec 10/11, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of Dec 12 at 3pm.
Note: These plans are subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount of precipitation.
Forecast: Snow will begin this evening between 6pm – 9pm and continue through the overnight period before ending near noon on Thursday. Total accumulations will be approx 11cm.
Anti-Icing (Application of liquid salt brine)
– All hills & bridges were anti-iced last night and through today
– High collision intersections and TTC routes with articulated buses have also been anti-iced
– Will begin on expressways, arterials & collectors this evening when snow begins to stick
– Expressway plowing will begin at approx 3am and will continue until complete
– Arterial & collector plowing will begin at approx 3am and will continue until complete
– Local road plowing will not begin until the event is substantially complete at approximately 9am
– Local road plowing will take approximately 16 hours to complete and will continue until approximately 1am Friday
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Manual clearing of steps & priority locations will begin at 7am
– Mechanical sidewalk clearing will begin after the morning rush hour
– Mechanical bus stop clearing will begin after the completion of arterial plowing
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps