For the snow event of Dec 10/11, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations activities as of Dec 12 at 6am.
Forecast: Fair and milder today. Mild temperatures (+3 to +6) through the weekend.
– Salting on expressways, arterials & collectors resumed overnight to clear residual snow in advance of the Friday am rush hour
– Local salting resumed this morning at approx 2am and will continue throughout the day
– Plowing operations on expressways. arterials, & collectors are complete.
– Cleanup operations will continue today after the morning rush hour focussing on left turn lanes & bus lanes
– Local road plowing is now complete in Etobicoke-York, North York, & Scarborough.
– Local road plowing in Toronto & East York will be completed by 12pm.
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Manual sidewalk clearing of steps and priority locations will resume this morning at 7am in all areas
– Mechanical sidewalk clearing will be completed by 8am Friday in all areas
– Mechanical bus stop clearing will be completed by 9pm Saturday in all areas
Snow Update #6 will be forwarded at approx 2pm Friday.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps