For the snow event of Dec 10/11, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations activities as of Dec 12 at 3pm.
Forecast: Sunny this afternoon. Turning cloudy this evening and through late Saturday with few beaks likely in the afternoon. There is a chance of fog patches developing tonight.
– Expressway, arterial and collector road salting completed in all areas as of approx 7am
– Local salting completed in all areas as of approx 3pm
– Plowing operations are complete in all areas.
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– Mechanical sidewalk clearing is complete in all areas
– Mechanical bus stop clearing will be completed by 12pm Saturday in all areas
This will be the final Snow Update for this event.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps